[mythtv-users] IR Receiver for 'One-for-All' Universal Remote

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 19:36:31 UTC 2023

When I transferred from using analogue decoders to DVB-T I gave up the
remote control that came with my Hauppauge TV cards and I bought what I
think was a clone of the Microsoft MCE USB remote.  It looks exactly like this
one currently on the UK ebay site <https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/204199835813>
and shows up as a USB keyboard to the computer.

I also bought a Harmony remote so I would only need a single remote across
my Television, BT Box and MythTV.  The Harmony was able to reproduce the
codes for all three boxes, though I never really got on with it, and tended
to keep using the MCE remote for MythTV.

Anyway the Harmony remote has just died and I've replaced it with a
'One-for-All' URC7145 4-Device Universal Remote which I was really liking
until I found that I can't get it to mimic the MCE remote.  It won't even
learn the buttons from it.

Anyone know if there's a way round that, or will I have to buy a
One-for-All IR receiver and possibly go through the pain of mapping all the
keycodes again?

Thanks