[mythtv-users] IR Receiver for 'One-for-All' Universal Remote

Curtis Gedak gedakc at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 20:09:00 UTC 2023

I'm not sure if the following will help, but here's what I recall from
memory.

I believe that the UK ebay remote referred to was at one time referred
to as a Phillips 5100 4in1 MCE Remote Control.  Strangely it is
difficult to find this remote on the web now.  I had referred to it in a
Installing Mythbuntu 14.04 tutorial [1] I wrote but the kodi wiki link
in the tutorial no longer displays a page of remote controls.

[1]
https://gedakc.users.sourceforge.net/display-doc.php?name=pvr-install-mythbuntu1404#add-rc-mapping

If I recall correctly this remote acts like a keyboard and a mouse so is
different than a standard MCE remote with just buttons.

Curtis