[mythtv-users] Debugging hdhomerun - can I record the same show from multiple tuners in duplicate?

Ram Ramesh rramesh2400 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 00:20:14 UTC 2023

Hi,

  I have two HDHomeRun tuner boxes (a dual and another quattro) and I
suspect one of them is broken. I strongly feel it is the quatrro, but
for now, I am going to assume that anyone of them could be broken
because the only evidence I have is that some shows turn out to be 0B
recordings. I have already power cycled and tested with hdhomerun
control/config app on win10. They seem to work fine when watching live
TV in myth also. However one of the boxes very often produces 0 bytes
recording.  I would like to record the same show on of both my tuner
boxes at the same time to check if this is a transmission issue or tuner
issue. My antenna is brand new and I doubt it is at fault.

   Both units are several years old, so it could be that their adapter
is broken. If so, my app on windows should create problem or attempting
to watch live TV should produce errors, but I do not get any of those.
So, I have not tried fixing adapters

   Also, when I added my second HDhomerun unit (quattro) when I bought
it, strangely enough, I got 8 tuners instead of 4. So, I am not sure if
something is wrong with backend setup of this tuner.

   I run standard debian 11.6 with default kernel adding mythtv
0.32-fixes using debian-multimedia repository. I have a gt1030 nvdia
card, but that is unlikely to be relevant as this is a recording issue.

   Recording that produces 0B is coming on digital channel 18
(Dallas/KTXA-DT 21.1)

Regards
Ramesh