[mythtv-users] Recording from input video on demand, no tuner

Jay Harbeston jharbestonus at gmail.com
Sun Feb 19 20:30:50 UTC 2023

I’m wondering how this would work using the external video recorder as the tuner.  I’d like to be able to start ‘watching’ the video input, with no tuning required.

While ‘watching ‘ the tuner, I’d like to be able to use the record button to start recording.. and then at predetermined time hit the record again to stop recording.

Again, no tuning will be involved, just starting and stopping the external tuner.

Regards,

Jay