[mythtv-users] Recording from input video on demand, no tuner
mythtv at cox.net
Sat Feb 25 18:11:04 UTC 2023
Here's what I do, this may work for you.
1. I have a VOD "channel" in my program guide (channel 1)
2. I've modified my channel change script such that when channe1 1 is
requested the script immediately exits and indicates success
3. I wade through the VOD menu and determine what I want to record and
how long it will last.
4. I set-up a manual record on channel 1 to start at a specified time
and record for the specified length.
5. I start the VOD program then immediately pause.
6. Once recording stops, I un-pause and walk away
On 2/19/23 13:30, Jay Harbeston wrote:
> I’m wondering how this would work using the external video recorder as the tuner. I’d like to be able to start ‘watching’ the video input, with no tuning required.
> While ‘watching ‘ the tuner, I’d like to be able to use the record button to start recording.. and then at predetermined time hit the record again to stop recording.
> Again, no tuning will be involved, just starting and stopping the external tuner.
> mythtv-users mailing list
> mythtv-users at mythtv.org
> MythTV Forums: https://forum.mythtv.org
More information about the mythtv-users