[mythtv-users] Recording from input video on demand, no tuner

Bob mythtv at cox.net
Sat Feb 25 18:11:04 UTC 2023

Here's what I do, this may work for you.

1. I have a VOD "channel" in my program guide (channel 1)
2. I've modified my channel change script such that when channe1 1 is
requested the script immediately exits and indicates success
3. I wade through the VOD menu and determine what I want to record and
how long it will last.
4. I set-up a manual record on channel 1 to start at a specified time
and record for the specified length.
5. I start the VOD program then immediately pause.
6. Once recording stops, I un-pause and walk away

Bob