[mythtv-users] getting video decode errors on ATSC subchannels

Ian Evans dheianevans at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 01:08:38 UTC 2023

Not near my main system right now (which runs 27) and decided to
install mythtv 32 on a system I have access to. HDHomerun OTA ATSC
tuner.

I setup two inputs for the two tuners, set max recording to 8 for each
(quite a few subchannels in the area). I'm able to record the .1
channels just fine (say 7.1) but when I go to record 7.2 it says it's
recording but if you try to play the recording it comes back with a
video decode error.

Again, 7.1 records and plays fine. 7.2 says it's recording but won't
play with a video decode error. I've tried multiple channels and their
subs.

Any idea what I should be looking at?