[mythtv-users] getting video decode errors on ATSC subchannels

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 03:15:08 UTC 2023

On Fri, Feb 17, 2023 at 1:10 AM Ian Evans <dheianevans at gmail.com> wrote:

> Any idea what I should be looking at?

WAG's follows:

What does mediainfo indicate about the recording?
There are a few locations where the non-primary
subchannel(s) is in a non-mpeg2 format[0] that one
may need different decoders (or hardware) to
decode.

I also have this vague recollection (I am sure
one of the devs will correct me) that sometime
after 0.27 was released the virtual/multirec
configuration was updated, and it is possible
that you need to delete and add all your tuners
all over again (I think there was automated
conversion, but, sometimes, in special cases,
one is going to hit one of those cases where
that conversion was non-optimal).

[0] Per FCC regs, the primary sub-channel for
ATSC 1.0 transmitters must be mpeg2, but
there are no such requirements on the
additional subchannels.