[mythtv-users] dvb tunner pasthroug to vm in esxi
Paul Harrison
mythtv at mythqml.net
Sun Dec 31 12:09:12 UTC 2023
On 30/12/2023 20:02, jacek burghardt wrote:
> Is anyone using MythTV tuning on top of esxi ? I am trying to use
> hvr-1800 I loaded firmware but looks like dvb interface is missing .
> Anyone has success using dvb cards with esxi ?
>
I currently use a TBS 6280 DVB T2 card and I have also used a TBS 6981
DVB S2 card under esxi for many years without any problems so it's
definitely possible.
While the TBS cards are rock solid I don't recommend them simply because
they are not supported by any stock linux kernel so you have to keep
compiling your own media tree after each kernel upgrade which quickly
becomes a pain.
It's such a long time ago that I set it up that I don't remember any
specifics but I think you just have to toggle passthrough for the PCI
device under Host->Manage->Hardware->PCI Devices it should then become
available to your virtual machine.
Paul H.
More information about the mythtv-users
mailing list