[mythtv-users] macOS: Compile Script and Ansible now support Homebrew

John Hoyt john.hoyt at gmail.com
Mon Dec 18 11:04:42 UTC 2023

On Mon, Dec 18, 2023 at 5:51 AM Paul Gardiner <lists at glidos.net> wrote:

> Might this affect the check workflows for pull requests on the main
> mythtv repo? For https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/pull/821, the macos-13
> builds started mysteriously failing when I pushed new versions, although
> the changes were just reordering two boolean arguments to a function,
> and no other builds failed.

Hi Paul - those errors are completely unrelated.  The GitHub runners do use
Homebrew to make a test build, but they do not use the compile script nor
ansible.

Those errors appear to be induced by the Homebrew community moving their
python version up to 3.12 recently.  From the runner output:

==> Pouring python at 3.12--3.12.1.ventura.bottle.tar.gz
Error: The `brew link` step did not complete successfully

I had to work around similar errors in the build script by forcing the
install of python3.11 to stay compatible with mythtv's needs.