[mythtv-users] macOS: Compile Script and Ansible now support Homebrew

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Mon Dec 18 10:51:22 UTC 2023

On 17/12/2023 19:25, John Hoyt wrote:
> With a recent update to  both the official Ansible
> <https://github.com/MythTV/ansible> and packaging
> <https://github.com/MythTV/packaging/tree/master/OSX> repos, macOS users
> can now build mythtv executables and/or generate a Mythfrontend.app app
> bundle via either MacPorts or Homebrew.  If you're a Homebrew user,
> please give it a try and let me know if you have any issues that need to
> be addressed.
>
> The automated GitHub builds stored on the unofficial SourceForge
> <https://sourceforge.net/projects/mythtvformacosx/files/> site will
> continue to use MacPorts as their base.
>
> Please note that the OSX packaging files have been restructured with the
> dated utility files moving into a "deprecated" directory and the compile
> script being renamed to "compileMythtvAnsible.zsh" and relocated to the
> top OSX directory.

Might this affect the check workflows for pull requests on the main
mythtv repo? For https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/pull/821, the macos-13
builds started mysteriously failing when I pushed new versions, although
the changes were just reordering two boolean arguments to a function,
and no other builds failed.