[mythtv-users] GetScreenShot in Android (Fire TV Stick) land?

Will Dormann wdormann at gmail.com
Mon Dec 4 15:30:34 UTC 2023

Hi folks,

Coming from a combined FE/BE background, I had a workflow to grab a
screenshot of what's currently on the screen.  Which was essentially
just visit http://<hosname>:6547/MythFE/GetScreenShot and save the image
from my web browser.

Now that I've switched over to a Fire TV stick frontend for watching
recordings, this doesn't appear to be possible anymore.  Specifically,
with the (excellent) Leanfront frontend, I don't even see port 6547
being listened on while it's running.  And if I use the (not quite as
nice performance-wise) full-blown MythTV Frontend, I do indeed see it
listening on 6547 on my Fire TV device, but requests to
http://<hosname>:6547/MythFE/GetScreenShot result in a 404.

Is there a way to get a screenshot from what is being displayed on a
Fire TV MythTV frontend?

Thanks
-WD