[mythtv-users] certain channels on certain devices

Jay Foster jayf0ster at roadrunner.com
Wed Sep 28 23:57:10 UTC 2022

On 9/28/22 12:42 PM, Daryl McDonald wrote:
> Recently my condo's antenna has been adjusted to pick up CBC. This is
> at the expense of CTV2, now we get one or the other, or neither,
> depending on atmospheric conditions. Through tinkering I've found I
> can get both channels with a wire on the window frame and another on
> the ground screw of a receptacle, which then goes to a coax. (the joke
> is that you can get TV signals using a wet piece of string in these
> parts) So I want to dedicate one HDHR to a new source (intenna) and
> leave my other capture devices on my original source (antenna). I'm
> using json grabber with Schedules Direct and a combined FE/BE Ubuntu
> 20.04 and Mythtv 31.
> Or, is it possible to raise recording priorities for CBC and CTV2 on
> one HDHR and lower recording priorities on all other capture devices?
> Which are another HDHR and four PCI tuner cards.
>
> TIA  Daryl

I do this by configuring additional inputs, and assigning the tuner(s)
for antenna A to one input and the tuner(s) for antenna B to a different
input.  Then use mythweb to uncheck the visible attribute for those
channels on those inputs (tuners) that are not reliable.

Mythbackend will only schedule recordings on visible channels, which
will only be for tuners that can reliably receive them.

I actually created a separate input for each tuner (6 inputs, 6
tuners).  Three tuners are connected to antenna A and three tuners to
antenna B.  With each tuner attached to it's own input, it makes it
easier to see what tuner is going to be used in the schedule (the
schedule will show the input, not the tuner).

Jay