[mythtv-users] Android mythfrontend mysql driver problems

David Engel david at istwok.net
Wed Sep 28 21:15:55 UTC 2022

On Wed, Sep 28, 2022 at 04:04:54PM -0400, Peter Bennett wrote:
> There are multiple problems in mythfrontend master on android.
>
> The one I am currently investigating is the database connection.

What problem?  I've rebuilt recently with no, new problems.  There are
some resume from sleep related problems but I've usually attributed
them to Nvidia Shield updates and not MythTV.

> The makelibs.sh script is building mariadb-connector. There is an option to
> build a mysql connector but that is not invoked by default.

I don't remember when it changed but I suspect Mark Spieth knows/did
it.  FWIW, I don't have an issue with that change.  IMO, MariaDB >>>>>
MySQL.

David