[mythtv-users] Storage directory

Kevin Johnson iitywygms at gmail.com
Sat Sep 3 20:44:06 UTC 2022

Hi All.

I am trying to setup a new backend.

mythbuntu ver 31 on 22.04.
I have everything going except one issue that I so not understand.

I have a nas hooked up to this backend that I want to use for storage.
The nas works as expected.  I can read and write to the folder I specified
for storage using user mythtv.  I  even changed its permission to 777 for
testing.
I enter mythtv-setup as user mythtv.  I set the default storage location to
the nas folder i made.
I receive no errors when I exit mythtv-setup.
However, mythtv fails to start a recording or live tv using that
configuration.  I see no relevant error messages in mythbackend.log  No
permission errors that I see

If I create a symlink in /home/mythtv to the nas folder I created, and use
that symlink as storage under mythtv-setup, mythtv works fine.
Mythtv also works fine using any other location on the local drive as long
as ithat folder has the correct permissions.

Anyone have any idea why this would be happening?
Does anyone see an issue if I use the symlink instead of the actual folder
on the nas?