[mythtv-users] Commercial Skip and seek table in leanfront

James Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 10:46:54 UTC 2022

On Mon, Oct 17, 2022 at 10:27 AM Peter Bennett <pb.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 10/17/22 10:00, John Pilkington wrote:
> > Resending to list:
> >
> > It's looking better for me now at v381.  I edited (in Fedora) to play
> > 2 short segments of an mpeg2 recording;  playback gave around a second
> > at the start of recording, played the sections, skipped to the end of
> > the recording, and left the display showing the end of the 2nd
> > segment. Curly backarrow to quit.  Maybe the jump points weren't exact
> > - need longer viewing history to judge that - but it's getting there!
> >
> > Thanks again
> >
> > John P
>
> With this implementation there will be a second or two of the beginning
> video played before the first skip. This is because it starts playing
> before loading the cut list or comm break list. Once they are loaded, it
> does the beginning skip if it is needed.
>
> Peter

Something strange happened during testing this morning.   I recorded a
program last night on CBS with commercial flagging turned on as a post
processing job.

This morning I used mythfrontend to correct some of the flagging mistakes
and then saved the cut list.  I was planning on watching it with Leanfront,
but started to watch it with mythfrontend. this is version
v32.0+fixes.202209121203.b6ef30288f~ubuntu22.04.1

I had an issue at 45 minutes into the 60 minute recording where the
playback processed the commercial skip fine, but it got stuck coming out of
the commercial.  It had a black screen and audio noise loop over and over.
I skipped forward and then backed it up just after the skip started and it
played.

This made me wonder about what others had said about leanfront getting
stuck about 2/3 into a recording playback?

I'll try this on leanfront v0-381 and see what happens at that exact time.

The other strange thing is that I went to mythfrontend settings to turn off
commercial skipping in video playback and it was already turned off.  So
how did it even skip commercials in the first place??

Jim A