[mythtv-users] Channel-change weirdness

Greg gregl at nycap.rr.com
Mon Nov 28 15:36:39 UTC 2022

On 11/28/22 01:39, Bob Sully wrote:
> Greetings!
>
> I have noticed recently (within the past week) that Myth does not
> correctly change channels on the STB when using either the HD-PVR OR
> the HDHR/CableCard tuner.
>
> In both cases, it records whatever is on Channel 1 no matter which
> channel it is supposed to select.  The STB does indeed display channel 1.
>
> However, if I do it manually from the CLI, e.g.:
>
> [rcs at vader: ~]$ mythchanger -g 0x105611fffe5afd87 -f 7 -c 400
>
> it works fine, and tunes the selected channel.  This is the exact same
> syntax as is specified in mythtv-setup for the HD-PVR.   I have no
> clue why it does this also when using the HDHR.
>
> I doubt that it's the STB, since it works when I run the changer manually.
> Any ideas?
> Much appreciated.
> Bob
> --
>
> *__________________________________*
> *Bob Sully*

I use mythchanger and haven't seen any problems in years. I would check
too see if the ports have switched from  from video0 to video1. I have 2
stbs but only 1 has firewire. I use a udev to keep them straight.

KERNEL=="video*", ATTR{name}=="Hauppauge HD
PVR",ATTRS{serial}=="00A7F9F8", SYMLINK+="hdpvr2"

KERNEL=="video*", ATTR{name}=="Hauppauge HD
PVR",ATTRS{serial}=="00A921D2", SYMLINK+="hdpvr"

I don't use guid and never have.. I run mythchanger from /usr/bin/

What stb are you using?

Good Luck