[mythtv-users] Channel-change weirdness

Jan Ceuleers jan.ceuleers at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 15:36:00 UTC 2022

On 28/11/2022 07:39, Bob Sully wrote:
> Greetings!
>
> I have noticed recently (within the past week) that Myth does not
> correctly change channels on the STB when using either the HD-PVR OR the
> HDHR/CableCard tuner.
>
> In both cases, it records whatever is on Channel 1 no matter which
> channel it is supposed to select.  The STB does indeed display channel 1.
>
> However, if I do it manually from the CLI, e.g.:
>
> [rcs at vader: ~]$ mythchanger -g 0x105611fffe5afd87 -f 7 -c 400
>
> it works fine, and tunes the selected channel.  This is the exact same
> syntax as is specified in mythtv-setup for the HD-PVR.   I have no clue
> why it does this also when using the HDHR.
>
> I doubt that it's the STB, since it works when I run the changer manually.

Your manual CLI test appears not to have been run as the same user that
runs mythbackend (unless the backend is run by user rcs). Does your test
also succeed when run as user mythtv (or whatever user runs mythbackend)?

Also: can the backend find the mythchanger program? You might need to
specify the full path to the mythchanger executable in mythtv-setup.

HTH, Jan