[mythtv-users] Help needed as my mythtv-backend has lost it's mind (or maybe I have)

James Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 12:12:52 UTC 2022

My backend is running fixes/32
(v32.0+fixes.202211050719.18f5b48ee1~ubuntu22.04.1)

The tuner is a Hauppauge WinTV quadHD ATSC PCIe card. This morning I tried
to do some maintenance which was only supposed to be editing the Schedules
Direct channel using tv_grab_zz_sdjson_sqlite --manage-listing and that
part went as expected.

Next I ran mythtv-setup and it said it needed to shutdown the backend and I
said yes and it required the password.  I tried to edit channels and scan
but I kept getting failures with my tuner card. Since I could not get it to
recognize the card I exited without saving and started the backend again.
My remote frontends could now connect to the backend and view Live TV.

At that point it was time to panic as usual, so I went back into
mythtv-setup and deleted all the tuners and started over.  I kept getting
errors when trying to add the tuner card. It could not ID the card but
obviously could find it in a scan of tuners.

I have not powered off the system, but I have rebooted several times.

Has there been any recent changes to how the tuner cards are initialized at
boot? This system has been running without major changes for a couple of
years.

Jim A