[mythtv-users] Problems when streaming from a web site

Scott Simpson simpson1000 at live.com
Mon Nov 7 17:04:12 UTC 2022

On 11/6/2022 9:12 PM, Stephen Worthington wrote:
> On Sun, 6 Nov 2022 11:32:12 -0500, you wrote:
>> This actually works and solves my skip problems. It creates smaller
>> files too since I used 21 (720p) and the video comes in as 1080p.
>> However, it seems to not record the last 7 minutes or so. I don't know
>> why. It pegs the CPU as expected but that isn't a concern of mine.
>
> The fact that the CPU is maxed out is likely the cause of the problem.
> It is unlikely that your CPU can do re-encoding like this in real
> time, so the input buffers will be filling up until they reach their
> maximum size, after which data will be lost.  The usual solution for
> this is to just record the incoming data to disk without doing any
> re-encoding, and then when it is complete, start the re-encoding
> process so that it can run at its own pace.  Or to record to disk and
> run the re-encoding as a parallel process that reads back from disk,
> at its own pace.  There are other complications with doing the

I'll have to do this. I believe you are correct. I tried lowering the
resolution from 1080 to 720 both sending and receiving and still having
problems. I need to get the video to disk (not a problem if I use "-c:v
copy") and then transcode later which should solve my problems. I'll
find some way to run one at a time. Thanks for all your help.
Scott