[mythtv-users] Schedules Direct JSON service changes 2022-05-20

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Sun May 22 15:59:16 UTC 2022

On Sun, May 22, 2022 at 10:36 AM Paul Harrison <mythtv at mythqml.net> wrote:

> A slightly unexpected consequence of the switch over is one of the two XMLTV grabbers for SD has been broken. The  tv_grab_zz_sdjson_sqlite is OK but tv_grab_zz_sdjson has a bug. I understand there is a fix being worked on but it could be a while before it makes it into the packaged versions that most distros use. It may be a simple matter of having to apply a temporary patch or change by hand a perl file to get it to work? I'm sure the helpful users on this list will come up with a workaround so whatch this space:)

The (obvious) trivial fix to deal with an initially
observed issue (not following redirects) with
the zz_sdjson grabber was submitted as a PR,
but there have been other issues identified
(various uninitialized variables messages,
program guide data not being in the correct
timeframe) strongly suggests that there are
other code issues in that grabber (a couple
of developers reported that their apps failed
with the new endpoint, and then identified
that their code was not API compliant, and
had just gotten "lucky" previously).  At
this point, other than the required (but not
sufficient) PR for redirects, no one TTBOMK
has explicitly stepped up to report they are
looking at the zz_sdjson grabber for API
compliance, but since the service is now
offline, it would be hard to test if they were.