[mythtv-users] Schedules Direct JSON service changes 2022-05-20

Paul Harrison mythtv at mythqml.net
Sun May 22 10:35:39 UTC 2022

On 22/05/2022 10:47, Ian Campbell wrote:

> On Sun, 2022-05-22 at 05:00 -0400, James Abernathy wrote:
>> I'm running tv_grab_zz_sdjson_sqlite and thought I was still working
>> correctly after the recent update but my mythfilldatabase run failed
>> overnight and when I run it manually as user "mythtv" I get errors:
>
> The server seems to be responding with code 3000, "Server offline for
> maintenance."
>
> I can't see anything on the SD forums about it.
>
> Ian.

Has Gary pointed out on this list they are migrating the  JSON service
from PHP to Python this weekend so expect a few problems for few days
while they sort everything out.

https://forums.schedulesdirect.org/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=3201

A slightly unexpected consequence of the switch over is one of the two
XMLTV grabbers for SD has been broken. The tv_grab_zz_sdjson_sqlite is
OK but tv_grab_zz_sdjson has a bug. I understand there is a fix being
worked on but it could be a while before it makes it into the packaged
versions that most distros use. It may be a simple matter of having to
apply a temporary patch or change by hand a perl file to get it to work?
I'm sure the helpful users on this list will come up with a workaround
so whatch this space:)

Paul H.