[mythtv-users] Schedules Direct JSON service changes 2022-05-20

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Sun May 22 15:57:04 UTC 2022

On Sat, May 21, 2022 at 1:33 PM David King <dave at daveking.com> wrote:

> On 5/21/22 12:17 PM, Gary Buhrmaster wrote:
> > On Sat, May 21, 2022 at 3:33 PM glen <glenb at glenb.net> wrote:
> >
> >> ** POST https://json.schedulesdirect.org/20141201/programs ==> 500 Internal Server Error (29s)
> > FWIW, while I don't use that grabber, I just did
> > a quick test, and it seemed to work (slowly) for
> > me with the patch.  I never got a 500 error
> > (although I did see some uninitialized variable
> > messages, the grabber continued).
> I do use the tv_grab_zz_sdjson grabber and the patch works just fine for me.
>
> --
> David King
> dave at daveking dot com

I haven't tried the tv_grab_zz_sdjson patch as yet because apparently
right now the server is responding with code 3000, "Server offline for
maintenance". Not sure what that's all about.

Honestly with the reports of schedules getting reported for incorrect
channels etc, I frankly terrified to even try it. So you had no such
issues? I wonder why some would have such horrible issues and others
wouldn't.

Question: In your existing xmltv config file, what do you have for the
"channel-id-format" up at the top? Mine has channel-id-format=mythtv
which assumes that the channels get reported with just the numeric
xmltv ids.

Thanks!
Tom