[mythtv-users] Mythfrontend on Android-database access

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Sun May 15 06:56:38 UTC 2022

On Sun, 15 May 2022, 2:17 pm Donald Brett via mythtv-users, <
mythtv-users at mythtv.org> wrote:

> Just built a new fe/be box with V-32, went OK and is working pretty
> well.  My PC's video card (GeForce GT 710) is having jitter problems
> with anything over 720 resolution.  It's may be a little under powered,
> so I'm trying the frontend alternatives on a Walmart ONN box.
>
> Leanfront works well; everything worked except one clip that had a
> server error.  The clip is 4K @ 60fps.  Other 4K clips work fine at
> lower frame rates, so I assume that's the issue.  Also trying
> Mythfrontend, but hit a snag.
>
> When Mythfrontend starts, it shows the startup status display, with
> "Attempting to connect to Database".  Did a lot of searching but ran out
> of things to check.  Mythbackend is running (Active: active (running)),
> PIN is '0000', mysql is listening (bind-address=0.0.0.0).  Also tried
> connecting from a ubuntu 18.04 box, with the similar result:
>
> don at johnny:~$ sudo mysql -umythtv -h192.168.0.184 -p
> Enter password:
> ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'mythtv'@'johnny' (using
> password: YES)
>
> Sounds like mysql has a permission problem; what should I look for?
>
> Don
>
> PS - this failed, apparently "IDENTIFIED BY" is deprecated?
> GRANT ALL ON mythconverg.* TO 'mythtv'@'%' IDENTIFIED BY 'mythtv';

Not sure it could be the same issue but I once had a problem with
MythFrontend on a Chromecast with Google TV which couldn't connect to the
database. I eventually fixed it by having it connect by WiFi rather than
ethernet. Might be worth ruling out, at least.