[mythtv-users] recordid not being set in recorded table in Myth v32

Dave Pearson (Lists) lists at the-pearsons.co.uk
Tue May 10 14:32:34 UTC 2022

-----Original message-----
From: Peter Bennett <pb.mythtv at gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday 10th May 2022 15:15
To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] recordid not being set in recorded table in Myth v32

On 5/10/22 08:24, John Pilkington wrote:
> On 10/05/2022 12:58, John Pilkington wrote:
>

>> OK, here's mine in master.  el7 box, Server version: 5.5.68-MariaDB
>> MariaDB Server  !!
>
> I just tried it on the fedora 34 box, MariaDB 10.5.15.  The results
> were similar to those below, with both recordid and recordedid having
> numerical values increasing with date.
>>
>> Mostly I record single items via the EPG.  Radio recordings have been
>> postprocessed to 'mp3' and deleted.
>>
>> {{{
>>
>> MariaDB [mythconverg]> select title, starttime, recordid, recordedid
>> from recorded where recordedid > 37228 order by starttime asc;
>> +----------------------------------------+---------------------+----------+------------+
>>
>> | title                                  | starttime           |
>> recordid | recordedid |
>> +----------------------------------------+---------------------+----------+------------+
>>
>> | First Britons                          | 2022-04-22 13:13:00 |
>> 34273 |       37236 |
>> | Attenborough and the Mammoth Graveyard | 2022-05-02 18:58:00 |
>> 34334 |       37300 |
>> | Lighthouses                            | 2022-05-06 19:58:00 |
>> 34351 |       37324 |
>> | Spring                                 | 2022-05-07 08:28:00 |
>> 34352 |       37326 |
>> +----------------------------------------+---------------------+----------+------------+
>>

>> }}}
>>
>> John

The recordid is required to associate the recording with a recording
rule. If it is zero that will affect the setting of metadata on the
recording and use of the frontend to update the recording rule from the
recording.

There may be a few unusual cases where it is not set (e.g. recordings
from Live TV) but it should be set in all normal cases.

There does not seem to be any change in the latest master. recordid is
still being set on tests I have done.

Peter

Hi Peter,

Yes, setting up a new recording rule resulted in a recordid being set, so I should be able to fix my problem by deleting the existing rules and re-creating them

Thanks to everyone, John Pilkington, Stephen Worthington etc. for your input - as usual great support from this mailing list.

Regards,

Dave.