[mythtv-users] Signal strength now reporting 50% instead of 100%

James Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Fri May 6 20:15:26 UTC 2022

I've been on v32 for sometime now.  Today I was watching live TV via
Mythfrontend and noticed that all my stations' signal strength reported in
the 40-50% when they normally report 90-100%.  I'm about 10 miles from the
antenna farm in Garner, NC where all the major stations locally have their
towers.  So signal strength has never been a problem.  I do not have any
issues with breaking-up of my pictures or errors in my recordings.  My
antenna is in the attic and it, the cabling or the Hauppauge WinTV Quad
tuner cards have not been disturbed.

The odd thing is I also have a HDHomeRun Duo connected to the same antenna
and its signal strengths are still high like they used to be.

Has something changed in the way Mythtv calculated signal % for the display
on Live TV?

Jim A