[mythtv-users] Signal strength now reporting 50% instead of 100%

Klaas de Waal klaas.de.waal at gmail.com
Fri May 6 20:53:13 UTC 2022

On Fri, 6 May 2022 at 22:16, James Abernathy <jfabernathy at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've been on v32 for sometime now.  Today I was watching live TV via
> Mythfrontend and noticed that all my stations' signal strength reported in
> the 40-50% when they normally report 90-100%.  I'm about 10 miles from the
> antenna farm in Garner, NC where all the major stations locally have their
> towers.  So signal strength has never been a problem.  I do not have any
> issues with breaking-up of my pictures or errors in my recordings.  My
> antenna is in the attic and it, the cabling or the Hauppauge WinTV Quad
> tuner cards have not been disturbed.
>
> The odd thing is I also have a HDHomeRun Duo connected to the same antenna
> and its signal strengths are still high like they used to be.
>
> Has something changed in the way Mythtv calculated signal % for the
> display on Live TV?
>
> Nothing has changed in this part of the software recently as far as I
know. I have not really been looking at this for a while but it is always
possible that something has been changed accidentally. It could also be
that there has been a change in the Hauppauge driver or in the Linux DVB
software that causes this. The HDHomeRun devices compute the signal
strength all by themselves and MythTV just receives the number. If that is
still the same then your antenna signal is most likely also still
completely OK.

Klaas.