[mythtv-users] Cable company changes channel numbers?

DryHeat122 dryheat122 at gmail.com
Sun May 1 00:18:12 UTC 2022

On Sat, Apr 30, 2022 at 6:32 AM Gary Buhrmaster <gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Sat, Apr 30, 2022 at 2:52 AM DryHeat122 <dryheat122 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I also looked at https://github.com/garybuhrmaster/MythUtil. The
> scripts aren't documented so I'm not 100% sure what they do.  One,
> MythUtil-Channel-XMLTV-getLineup, looks like it could do something I want.
> But I don't know if this is a standalone script or a new option for
> mythutil that isn't yet documented in --help. If the latter, do I call it
> via mythutil --Channel-XMLTV-getLineup?
>
> Did you read (and comprehend) that entire wiki article, including how
> to obtain the scripts (which include a documentation directory), the
> example for that script, and the options to the script (such as
> "--add", "--delete", and "--update")?
>
> You are, of course, encouraged to improve the words in the wiki if
> you find they are too confusing to you.

Oops, sorry! Not sure how I failed to see the "docs" directory. Most git
repositories I use have the docs in the readme, which I guess is what made
me think there were no docs.

Anyway your script did the trick, and my channels are fixed. Thanks for
providing it. I was looking at the code. It must have been non-trivial to
develop.