[mythtv-users] MythTV Light Builds

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 01:24:25 UTC 2022

On 3/7/22 19:40, James Abernathy wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 7, 2022 at 11:32 AM Peter Bennett <pb.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>     On 3/6/22 17:14, Ken Mandelberg wrote:
>     > It looks like that issue was closed on 2/16 with the schema
>     revved to
>     > 1376
>     >
>     > Peter Bennett wrote on 2/14/22 10:41:
>     >>
>     >> On 2/13/22 4:37 PM, Ken Mandelberg wrote:
>     >>> Are there any builds of MythTV light for the Pi that follow the
>     >>> trunk, most specifically MYTH_DATABASE_VERSION?
>     >>>
>     >> I can build fixes/32, but I will wait for a resolution to
>     >> https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/issues/480 because it looks like
>     >> there will be another database change.
>     >>
>     >> Peter
>     >>
>     >>
>     >>
>     >
>     I have today built and posted mythtv-light fixes/32. I also did
>     android
>     frontend 32 and 64 bit.
>
>     Peter
>

> I noticed you did the mythtv-light for raspberry pi for buster 32bit.
> My testing shows that there are significant improvements with Bullseye
> 64 bit which is now in production.
>
> What's your position on moving forward to Bullseye?
>
> Jim A

I wanted to buy one of the latest raspberry pi 4 models with more memory
than 1GB but I cannot find one for sale at the regular price ($55 for
4GB, $75 for 8GB). The only ones for sale are twice the price and more.
I think installing a 64bit OS on a 1GB machine is not going to work
well. The build process uses a lot of memory even on 32bit.

Peter