[mythtv-users] Two new physical drives appear as subdirectories of the same drive: why?

David Engel david at istwok.net
Sat Mar 5 21:28:29 UTC 2022

On Sat, Mar 05, 2022 at 08:39:21PM +0000, UB40D via mythtv-users wrote:
> But now I also get the following very strange block, where the two new
> drives are lumped together (whereas they are physically separate)
>
> Mythtv drive #5:
> Directories:
> box:/mnt/wd18000c1/mythtv/recordings
> box:/mnt/wd18000b1/mythtv/recordings
> 16 TB total, etc etc
> 5314 hours and 30 min remaining, etc
>
> Why are these two partitions (on two physically distinct drives) listed as
> if they were partitions of the same Mythtv drive #5?
> Why do they total 16 TB instead of 32?
> It looks like one has not registered properly.

MythTV's ability to identify distinct drives uses pretty,
simple-minded heuristics.  One of those heuristics is to look at disk
space available and used.  Since your drives have the same disk space
values, MythTV thinks they are the same drive.  Once you put some
files on them and the disk space values diverge, MythTV will see them
as separate.

David
--
David Engel