[mythtv-users] Failed to download themes after V32 upgrade

James Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 19:28:03 UTC 2022

On Thu, Mar 3, 2022 at 12:56 PM Roland Ernst <rcrernst at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Feb 26, 2022 at 11:38 AM Jim Abernathy <jfabernathy at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>> 2.  On theme Functionality 31.0, if I try to edit a record rule for an
>> existing recording and select the Schedule Options I don't get to the
>> next screen showing the options for editing the schedule. On the console
>> I do see these errors:
>>
>> 2022-02-26 05:31:43.149739 E  Container '' is missing child 'autoextend'
>> at
>> 2022-02-26 05:31:43.149744 E  SchedOptEditor, theme is missing required
>> elements
>>
>> This didn't happen in v31.
>>
>> Jim A
>>

> The Functionality theme is homed at
> https://github.com/wesnewell/Functionality,
> and has a pending pull request for the 'autoextend' feature, which was
> added
> recently to MythTV.
> The version for 'fixes/32' should be 32.0, and is not included in
> http://themes.mythtv.org/themes/repository/32/themes.zip.
> The author of this theme is frequent on the MythTV forum: "wesnewell":
> You can try that patch and report to the forum or ping him directly.
>
> Roland

I'm out of my element when it comes to pull requests and patches.  However,
I was able to manually make the changes shown in the pull request to
Functionality after I downloaded the zip and got it working on my system.
I'll get on the forum and see if I can get wesnewell to merge the pull
request so Functionality works with just the cloning or downloading of the
repository.

Thanks,

Jim A