[mythtv-users] running mythfrontend from console?

James Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Sun Jun 26 14:45:59 UTC 2022

In an effort to isolate my problem that I posted about in this mailing-list
titled "mythtv v32 on Endeavour OS ARM Raspberry Pi 4" I tested running
mythfrontend from the console on my PopOS machine which is really Ubuntu
22.04 with a fancier Gnome DE.

I had the same problem with this system. The steps I did were to disable
gdm3 so the system would boot to the console. Then I ran a script file
which contains one line:

QT_QPA_EGLFS_ALWAYS_SET_MODE="1" QT_QPA_PLATFORM=eglfs mythfrontend
 --logpath /home/jim

The same thing happened here as with my test on Archlinux ARM on my RPI4
system.  No keyboard function  at the Main Menu page. With no errors that I
could detect in the log.

I've never tested running on an x86_64 system at the console level because
mythfrontend runs fine under any of the Desktop Environments. But in the
past it has been needed for RPI4 systems.

Has something changed so that the QT_QPA stuff is wrong at this point in
time?

Jim Abernathy