[mythtv-users] mythtvlight and mythtv python bindings

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Sat Jun 25 20:05:54 UTC 2022

On 6/25/22 13:54, John wrote:
> https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythTV_Light
>
> I use Mythtv Light to build from source as I find it a convenient way
> of building a single package to distribute among frontends.
>
> On my production server I also use it to install the Backend.
>
> Just used it to update my system to Ubuntu 22.04 and all went well
> with the Front and Backend.
>
> Obviously had to install Mythweb separately using
> https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Build_from_Source#Install_MythWeb.
>
> This required some intervention the possible culprit being the python
> bindings.
>
> If I use the python build scripts in
> https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Python3_Conversion then mythpithon ends up
> in /usr/local/bin whereas the mythtvlight puts the Backend in
> /usr/bin/mythbackend.
>
> Is that going to work?

What is the problem you experienced? I use mythtv-light to build my
fronntends and backends and there is no problem with mythweb or with
python scripts, such as the metadata lookup.

There is a package python-is-python3 in Ubuntu 22.04 to create a link so
that you can run python and it will call python3, or you can create a
link that does the same. I did that, I don't know if it is necessary.

I did not run any python3 conversion.

Peter