[mythtv-users] mythtvlight and mythtv python bindings

John jksjdevelop at gmail.com
Sat Jun 25 17:54:56 UTC 2022

https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythTV_Light

I use Mythtv Light to build from source as I find it a convenient way of
building a single package to distribute among frontends.

On my production server I also use it to install the Backend.

Just used it to update my system to Ubuntu 22.04 and all went well with
the Front and Backend.

Obviously had to install Mythweb separately using
https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Build_from_Source#Install_MythWeb.

This required some intervention the possible culprit being the python
bindings.

If I use the python build scripts in
https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Python3_Conversion then mythpithon ends up
in /usr/local/bin whereas the mythtvlight puts the Backend in
/usr/bin/mythbackend.

Is that going to work?