[mythtv-users] Mythfrontend ? want v31 not v32

Barry Martin barry3martin at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 16:50:40 UTC 2022

Hi Paul!

You win the prize!   I figured out and got working MythTV v31 under
Jammy Jellyfish.  My notes are at
https://app.box.com/s/be06bggyn2xkaqugzowwj36w06qn3kq0 .

> As always with Linux there are many ways to do this but it goes
> something like this.
>
> If you have not already done so add the ppa for v31-fixes
> /*sudo add-apt-repository ppa:mythbuntu/31*/
>
> To see what versions of a package is available you can run this on the
> command line:-
> /*sudo apt list -a mythtv-frontend*/

I'm not certain but it doesn't appear for what I wanted to do (simply
create a Frontend) is as complicated as what your listing implied.  I'm
sort of wincing here as can't see your reaction: your list probably
listed all the options needed for a full Frontend/Backend install based
on 'mythtv-backend, mythtv-database, mythtv-transcode-utils', etc.

What's seeming to work here is:

*sudo apt install
mythtv-frontend=2:31.0+fixes.202203040619.7e4ce1ba98~ubuntu22.04.1*

|*sudo apt-mark hold mythtv-frontend*|

*sudo apt install
libmyth=2:31.0+fixes.202203040619.7e4ce1ba98~ubuntu22.04.1**
*

*sudo apt-mark hold libmyth**

I'll post a explanatory summary a little later so anyone else with the
same issue can figure out what to do with a later version (say current
is 42 and want to use version 41).

So, thank you!  And now to apologize to James and Bill for not using
their suggestion.

Barry