[mythtv-users] Mythfrontend ? want v31 not v32

Barry Martin barry3martin at gmail.com
Sun Jun 19 14:59:09 UTC 2022

Hi James!

>> Building a new Frontend and want to install version 31 (because all the other units are running v31) but it insists on installing v32 so getting schema error, etc.
> Most irritating answer (sorry)

Sounds like I want to find out what’s wrong and stick with 31!

> I?ve been running 31 for yonks with neary a fumble ever.
> Installed 32 and in last 2 months have seen 1/2 dozen glitches.
>
> They?ve been irritating, but not show stoppers and I have not made traces yet:
>
> Speech and video timeshifted (lipsync on steroids).

Thinking maybe the audio shift setting got adjusted somehow. With 31 I
do have that but only specific programmes so seems to be a source issue
(the OTA station) than with MythTV

> Loss of seek table while recording: cant go forward or back on frontend. Quit, restart.
> Play from start of recording, some 10 min in suddenly starts playing from start. (Don?t know what is needed. but what I did) Quit, optimize_dd, restart.

<shudder> No suggestions, though one of our experts will probably read
and go “oh yeah, it’s this issue”. Worst problem with v31 I’ve had is on
a specific Frontend the playback will suddenly freeze the video and
audio repeat-peat-peat-peat…. I put in a cron command to reboot once a
week and so far seems to have solved the issue. Thinking possibly
something like ‘cache memory was filled’ as this old FE can only 6 GB
RAM (2+2+1+1): replace the 1 GB sticks with 2 GB and won’t boot! (The
sticks are fine, quirk of the motherboard.)

Good luck solving your issue!

Barry