[mythtv-users] Mythfrontend ? want v31 not v32

Paul Harrison mythtv at mythqml.net
Sun Jun 19 14:55:20 UTC 2022

On 19/06/2022 14:55, Barry Martin wrote:

> Hi Jan!
>
>>> Building a new Frontend and want to install version 31 (because all the
>>> other units are running v31) but it insists on installing v32 so getting
>>> schema error, etc.
>> (...)
>>
>> Have you at any time run apt update ?
>

> Yes, frequently, but don’t do it after the purging/clearing v32 attempts.
>

>> Also, don't only look in the source file you know contains the ppa; look
>> through all of them: sudo fgrep -rs myth /etc/apt/sources.list*
>
> barry at NZXT2:~$ sudo fgrep -rs myth /etc/apt/sources.list*
>
> [sudo] password for barry:
>
> /etc/apt/sources.list.d/mythbuntu-ubuntu-31-jammy.list:deb
> https://ppa.launchpadcontent.net/mythbuntu/31/ubuntu/ jammy main
>
> /etc/apt/sources.list.d/mythbuntu-ubuntu-31-jammy.list:# deb-src
> https://ppa.launchpadcontent.net/mythbuntu/31/ubuntu/ jammy main
>

> No idea why the “debian source” one is commented.
>

> Thanks for helping me try to figure this out!
>
> Barry

Ubuntu 22.04 (Jammy) has v32 in the official repo so because that
version is newer than  v31 it is the version you get if you upgrade or
do a new install of 22.04.

If you want to use v31 then you will have to add the PPA for v31 and
uninstall**the v32 MythTV packages. You can then install the  v31
packages and finally tell apt to hold all the installed v31 packages or
else the next time you do a apt update/apt upgrade you will get the v32
packages again. See this forum post for details of the various apt
command to use. https://forum.mythtv.org/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=4874

It's important to do that for ALL the MythTV packages if you have a
mixed install then bad things will happen.

Paul H.