[mythtv-users] Programmable skip on playback

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Sun Jun 12 12:10:16 UTC 2022

Hoi Klaas,

Sunday, June 12, 2022, 12:42:08 PM, you wrote:

> I've been looking for where I set this too and I can't find it either.
> I know I set it, because it works and I can remember thinking about
> what skip intervals to set. But it was years ago. I'll keep looking
> for it.

> Configuration for the skip and jump values is in mythfrontend,
> Setup / Video / Playback Groups / Default Group  and then Skip Ahead
> (seconds) which is the right arrow, Skip Back (seconds) which is the
> left arrow and Jump Amount (minutes) which is page-up and page-down.
> If you define additional playback groups it can be defined per
> playback group, although I have never used it.

> Klaas.

Thanks Klaas, I would never have thought to look there. As said it was
years ago, when I first started using mythtv and was looking under
every rock in settings for anything useful. I use it every day to
navigate past commercials and to the real start of a program. I have
the pageup/down under arrow up/down and I think it is the default in
playback, but it could also by default be under the ch up/down keys.
I also use the jump at the end of a program. Sometimes there is still
so much recorded after the end that else the auto-set-watched is not
triggered.

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven