[mythtv-users] Mythfilldatabase taking FOREVER

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Sun Jun 5 02:50:17 UTC 2022

On Sat, 4 Jun 2022 21:33:09 -0400, you wrote:

>Recently, I'm noticing that mythfilldtabase is taking something like 12
>hours to finish. I know we had some issues with SD and the backend
>maintenance, so not sure if that has been fully resolved.
>
>I'm on Ubuntu 18.04 and mythtv v30.0.  I use the sdjson_sqlite grabber
>v1.109 and xmltv v0.5.70.  I only have about 100 channels set as "selected"
>in the sqlite database.
>
>Mythfilldatabase sits forever on the message "pruning local database"
>
>I see very low CPU utilization on a four vCPU i7 VM with 8GB RAM.
>
>Any thoughts on why this is taking so long?
>
>Larry

I do not use SD, but based on prior reports here, if it is doing a
full download of the SD data instead of just the updated data, that is
what happens.  And there was a report that SD had reset things at
their end, so it is possible that has triggered a full download.  If
so, then the next update will be back to normal.