[mythtv-users] building mythtv from source on Debian 11 Bullseye/Linux Mint Debian Edition

James Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Sat Jul 9 10:34:27 UTC 2022

On Sat, Jul 9, 2022 at 1:51 AM Bill <keemllib at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 7/8/22 18:47, James Abernathy wrote:
> > I just built Mythtv from source on Linux Mint Debian Edition 5
> (LMDE5) which is based on Debian 11.
> >
> > I first used Ansible to install the dependencies. I thought everything
> was fine until I got errors on the Metadata lookup and started
> investigating.  I was missing dependencies.
> >
> > I then used the Build Dependencies for version 32without Ansible and
> just installed that list via apt and then rebuilt mythtv.  Now I have the
> metadata.
> >
> > So I guess Ansible is out of date for LMDE5 or isn't isn't
> identifying correctly. This is what ansible_lsb shows
> >
> >          "ansible_lsb": {
> >              "codename": "elsie",
> >              "description": "LMDE 5 (elsie)",
> >              "id": "Linuxmint",
> >              "major_release": "5",
> >              "release": "5"
> >
> > Jim A
>
> This is better, and run from wherever your MythTV Ansible files live:
>
> for FILTER in ansible_distribution ansible_distribution_major_version
> ansible_os_family ansible_pkg_mgr
> do    ansible --inventory=hosts --module-name=setup
> --args="filter=${FILTER}" localhost
> done
>
> --
> Bill

I think I was missing packages:
 python3-lxml
 python3-requests-cache
python3-requests

m at den-pc:~/ansible$ for FILTER in ansible_distribution
ansible_distribution_major_version ansible_os_family ansible_pkg_mgr
do    ansible --inventory=hosts --module-name=setup
--args="filter=${FILTER}" localhost
done
[WARNING]: Platform linux on host localhost is using the discovered Python
interpreter at /usr/bin/python3.9, but future installation of another Python
interpreter could change the meaning of that path. See
https://docs.ansible.com/ansible/2.10/reference_appendices/interpreter_discovery.html
for more
information.
localhost | SUCCESS => {
    "ansible_facts": {
        "ansible_distribution": "Linux Mint",
        "discovered_interpreter_python": "/usr/bin/python3.9"
    },
    "changed": false
}
[WARNING]: Platform linux on host localhost is using the discovered Python
interpreter at /usr/bin/python3.9, but future installation of another Python
interpreter could change the meaning of that path. See
https://docs.ansible.com/ansible/2.10/reference_appendices/interpreter_discovery.html
for more
information.
localhost | SUCCESS => {
    "ansible_facts": {
        "ansible_distribution_major_version": "5",
        "discovered_interpreter_python": "/usr/bin/python3.9"
    },
    "changed": false
}
[WARNING]: Platform linux on host localhost is using the discovered Python
interpreter at /usr/bin/python3.9, but future installation of another Python
interpreter could change the meaning of that path. See
https://docs.ansible.com/ansible/2.10/reference_appendices/interpreter_discovery.html
for more
information.
localhost | SUCCESS => {
    "ansible_facts": {
        "ansible_os_family": "Debian",
        "discovered_interpreter_python": "/usr/bin/python3.9"
    },
    "changed": false
}
[WARNING]: Platform linux on host localhost is using the discovered Python
interpreter at /usr/bin/python3.9, but future installation of another Python
interpreter could change the meaning of that path. See
https://docs.ansible.com/ansible/2.10/reference_appendices/interpreter_discovery.html
for more
information.
localhost | SUCCESS => {