[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase not running automatically?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Jan 25 13:10:51 UTC 2022

On 01/22/2022 05:29 PM, Klaas de Waal wrote:
> We can add another sentence to the help text, e.g. "Do NOT use a full
> or partial path name, only the name of an executable." I think there
> is just enough space for that. Of course, this does not help against
> the confusion when reading names from the settings table and drawing
> conclusions from them.

But it can (and, if not in the PATH of the user running mythbackend,
should) be a full path for anything that is not the "built-in"
mythfilldatabase executable (if some user wants to run a value-added or
workaround script).  Perhaps better would be to change the special value
"mythfilldatabase" to "default" or "built in", which is more easily
understandable to be a special value saying there's no need to use any
special program for it rather than using mythfilldatabase, which is also
the name of a program/executable, as that special value.

Mike