[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase not running automatically?

stinga stinga+mythtv at wolf-rock.com
Wed Jan 12 14:12:42 UTC 2022

On 12/01/2022 20:16, James Abernathy wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 6, 2022 at 9:49 AM James Abernathy <jfabernathy at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>     On my test mythtv- BE/FE combo on Archlinux with Master pre32 3305
>     I noticed that over the last several days the Schedules Direct EPG
>     has not updated.  I can sudo su mythtv and run it and the guide is
>     updated but it doesn't seem to be running automatically. I have
>     mythtv-setup set the way I would normally for Ubuntu so It should
>     be updating between 0 and 5am, but isn't. I just rebooted to see
>     if that would help overnight.
>

> I'm still having this issue with mythfilldatabase not running
> automatically, even if I reboot the PC. I have the backend settings to
> run mythfilldatabase  at the SchedulesDirect recommended times, but I
> have tired picking a range of times.  I know this is Arch, but I don't
> thing there is a service for this and it's part of the
> mythtv-backend.service??

I could not get it to work either, gave up and just ran it from cron.

as mythtv user
00 03 * * * /home/mythtv/run_mythfilldatabase.sh

#!/bin/bash

logger -i "exiting run_mythfilldatabase.sh"

cd $HOME

exec >> ~/run_mythfilldatabase.log
exec 2>&1

#UK stuff
#/usr/bin/mythfilldatabase --sourceid 3 --file --xmlfile /backup/sd.xml
#/usr/bin/mythfilldatabase --sourceid 5 --file --xmlfile /backup/sd.xml

/usr/bin/tv_grab_zz_sdjson --output SD.xml
/usr/bin/mythfilldatabase --sourceid 8 --file --xmlfile SD.xml

--
'ooroo

Stinga...(:)-)
Email: stinga+mythtv at wolf-rock.com  o
You need only two tools.        o /////
A hammer and duct tape. If it    /@   `\  /) ~
doesn't move and it should use  >  (O)  X<  ~  Fish!!
the hammer. If it moves and      `\___/'  \) ~
shouldn't, use the tape.           \\\