[mythtv-users] Major Issues with new Nvidia Shield 9.0 upgrade to Android 11

Stuart Auchterlonie stuarta at squashedfrog.net
Mon Jan 17 21:13:52 UTC 2022

On 17/01/2022 16:28, Peter Bennett wrote:

> I think manufacturers are not very interested in MPEG-2. Google makes
> MPEG-2 optional in android, while h264 and others are required. My phone
> from 2016 would play MPEG-2 with leanfront without a problem. My 2021
> phone (same brand) does not support MPEG-2. It seems MPEG-2 is being
> phased out. No reasonable streaming service would use MPEG-2.

The majority of European broadcasts are still in MPEG2, apart from the
HD transponders / multiplexes. Those use a variety of encodings but h264
is common.

If you are interested, or have nothing better to do with your time,
have a browse over at https://lyngsat.com

One example is Astra 28.2 which covers the UK
https://www.lyngsat.com/Astra-2E-2F-2G.html

Regards
Stuart