[mythtv-users] delete recording group

faginbagin helen.buus at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 00:55:46 UTC 2022

On 1/11/2022 3:39 PM, Klaus Becker wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have mainly the group "default" for me and "célia" for my daughter.
> All recordings are in the same storage folder.
>
> I copied all "célia"-recordings to another folder. In Mythtv I only
> want to keep and see the "default"-group.
>
> How to delete the group "célia" and all its recordings (about 100) ?
>
> I searched a lot in setup, frontend and on the web, I could not find it.
>
> sincerely
>
> Klaus

The way to delete lots of recordings is to add them to the playlist and
then use the playlist menu to delete them all. In mythfrontend, make
sure the celia recording group is the current one, using either the menu
or the fastforward or rewind keys. Then make sure the left hand list
with titles, not individual recordings, is active and that you're at the
top. On my english language system that means "All Programs - celia" is
the active selection. Press M - Menu. This should bring up the "Group
List Menu" and the fourth choice should be "Add this Group to Playlist".
Once you click OK on that, you should see green check marks on the left
of every recording. It might be a little different if you aren't using a
MythCenter based theme. Click on M - Menu again. This time the fourth
choice will lead to the "Playlist options" sub menu. The top of the sub
menu will read: "There are XXX items in the playlist. Actions affect all
items in the playlist" Cursor down to the "Delete" option, press OK, and
watch while you see everything disappear. Once the recording group is
empty, if you now switch to the All or Default group, you won't see the
celia group anymore. Hope that helps