[mythtv-users] delete recording group

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 01:10:00 UTC 2022

On 1/11/22 3:39 PM, Klaus Becker wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have mainly the group "default" for me and "célia" for my daughter.
> All recordings are in the same storage folder.
>
> I copied all "célia"-recordings to another folder. In Mythtv I only
> want to keep and see the "default"-group.
>
> How to delete the group "célia" and all its recordings (about 100) ?
>
> I searched a lot in setup, frontend and on the web, I could not find it.
>
> sincerely
>
> Klaus

You can easily delete all the recordings in the group. In the frontend,
select the group Celia, select "All Programs - Celia" Press M (menu) and
"Add this group to playlist". Then select M (menu) and "Playlist
Options", "Delete".

I do not believe there is a way in the system to delete the recording
group. The only way I can see to do it is delete it from the database,
which is not a recommended thing to do.

Peter