[mythtv-users] mythtv-setup without UPNP searching for backend?

Stuart Auchterlonie stuarta at squashedfrog.net
Tue Jan 11 12:30:47 UTC 2022

On 09/01/2022 17:00, James Abernathy wrote:
> When I'm working on building a test mythtv BE/FE combo to test
> something, I have mythtv-setup fail due to it finding another backend
> like my production one. The only way I've found to recover from this is
> reformat the HD and start over with O/S install.  I know that you could
> spend a year or so digging into what files need to be removed, but I
> can't find them all so in the interest of time, I just start over.
>
> What I'd like is a way to tell mythtv-setup to not go looking for
> anything, just stay on localhost and make all assumptions as localhost.
> Does that exist??

If you override the environment variable MYTHCONFDIR to a different
directory, then the you can separate out the configuration data between
dev/test/prod instance even on the same machine.

start with MYTHCONFDIR pointing to an empty dir, and then run
mythtv-setup and start from the beginning.....

You will probably need to let it timeout on the search, and then select
manual setup.

Regards
Stuart