[mythtv-users] Database corruption - I think

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Fri Jan 7 23:04:59 UTC 2022

On 07/01/2022 17:16, Barry Martin wrote:

> Roland and Steve:
>

> I apologize for the delay in responding – semi-minor family issue (OK now).
>

> Steve: The Backend’s IP address is fine (set for static) and a remote Frontend is able to connect
> plus play the recordings. Thanks for that reminder.
>

> Roland: Appears sufficient free space: 21% used; various tmpfs show 0 and 1% used.
>

> You may need a lot of free space on the /tmp folder.
>
> If I’m reading the table correctly I should have almost a TB available.
>

> Note, the needed password is stored in the 'config.xml' file
> mysql -u mythtv -p<your-password> mythconverg
>

> I’m assuming there should be a space after the ‘-p’. I did and output was a help display followed by
> a table of variables. Lots of ‘(No default value)’ listed.
>

> MariaDB [mythconverg]>check table program;
> MariaDB [mythconverg]>repair table program;
>

> Here things don’t go quite right. Here it wanted ‘mariadb’ – lower-cased. No biggie.
>

> Both commands went straight/immediately to the command line. ….Ah! It created files called ‘check’
> and ‘repair’, both of which contain the help and variables I saw above. Makes sense with the ‘>’
> redirect thingie. Assume the ‘check table program’ is a switch option. Will post this and do a
> little Googling in the meantime.

Nope. The 'mysql' command above gets you into command line mode *within* the appropriate program. If
you have mysql, that's mysql (obvs). If you have mariadb, mysql is an alias for it.

The next two lines shown below that command are the *program prompts* from within the db!

All you should need to do is type those two commands after the > prompt:

check table program;
repair table program;

(then 'exit' to exit)

Note that all mysql/mariadb commands should be terminated by a semi-colon. If you don't do that it
will sit and wait until it sees one.

--

Mike Perkins