[mythtv-users] Database corruption - I think

Barry Martin barry3martin at gmail.com
Fri Jan 7 22:02:46 UTC 2022

OK, I couldn’t figure out how to get Roland’s mariadb check/repair table
to work; also went to https://mariadb.com/kb/en/check-table/
<https://mariadb.com/kb/en/check-table/> and
https://mariadb.com/kb/en/repair-table/
<https://mariadb.com/kb/en/repair-table/> .

What I did figure out and seems to be working (yea!!) is this (from my
notes):

https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Database_Backup_and_Restore
<https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Database_Backup_and_Restore>

*1. Need to empty the current corrupted database:*

https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Database_Setup#Setting_up_the_initial_database
<https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Database_Setup#Setting_up_the_initial_database>

    $ mysql -uroot -p < mc.sql note: mc.sql is located in
    /usr/share/mythtv/sql

==> cd to subdir

command NF mc.sql ==> find: /usr/share/mythtv/sql/mc.sql

*cd /usr/share/mysql*

*sudo mysql -uroot -p < /usr/share/mythtv/sql/mc.sql*

Asks for my password

Asks for mythtv password (BE3 = ZXXXXXXX)

*2. Restore a backed up database:*

*/usr/share/mythtv/mythconverg_restore.pl --drop_database
--create_database --directory /home/barry/Mythtv/db_backups --filename
mythconverg-1350-20220104002.sql.gz *

/--directory = full path to where the backup file is/

/--filename = backed-up database file/

Sits for around a minute – “Successfully restored backup”!!

mythfilldatabase ==> works!! :)

(Hopefully this formats correctly: earlier while looking for how to
upload via the website I found supposed to upload as plain text – that
also explains the deleted HTML message at the bottom of some messages.
This was uploaded via e-mail until figure out the website stuff.)

Barry