[mythtv-users] Mythtv Frontend on Android Phones

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 14:38:17 UTC 2022

On 2/27/22 22:49, James Abernathy wrote:
> I just loaded the latest version of mythfrontend for Android on my
> Galaxy S21.  It works great with one exception.  On screens like the
> program guide I can't figure out how to navigate around.  I'm not sure
> if there is a setting that would make this work, but my current
> solution is to use an 'Air Mouse' keyboard plugging in the wireless
> USB adapter into the USB-C port on the S21. This gives you complete
> keyboard function, but is too bulky.
>
> Using the phone is something I do to monitor what's happening on one
> channel while watching a big game. It's kind of like PIP, but without
> giving up anything on your big screen. I usually drag out my laptop
> for this function, but the phone would be easier if I can get the
> touchscreen to work better.
>
> Jim A

Touch screen support for mythfrontend is different. The gestures used
are described in the wiki at
https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythTV_on_Android . I don't know how well
they work.

You may be able to connect a bluetooth remote to the phone. A fire stick
remote can be paired to other devices. I have paired one to my laptop as
a test. It sends keystrokes to the laptop. Getting it paired back to the
fire stick is difficult, however. There are articles on how to do this.

Peter