[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase not running automatically

Barry Martin barry3martin at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 14:26:18 UTC 2022

Hi Mary!

> I'm having what seems to be a pretty common problem - I can run my xmltv
> grabber from the command line as user mythtv, but it won't run
> automatically.

The easiest thing to 'fix' is to run from cron.  I have the same problem
here -- I think I missed a step where it says to install as user
mythtv.  Highlighted and flagged in the instructions - I still managed
to skip it.  %)

The cron command I am using is:

	10 17 * * *   /usr/bin/mythfilldatabase

Runs daily at 10 minutes past 5 p.m.  You can select any time - just
avoid any system backups, etc.

To access cron type 'crontab -e' at the command line (no quotes, of
course!).  I put the line at the end of the existing document. If you
wish to add a reminder line as to function precede with a '#':  "# Runs
at 5:10 p.m." with the command on the next line. Control_o to save,
control_x to exit; will install and update automatically.

Barry