[mythtv-users] REQUEST: Would you like to help translate MythTV v32 into your language?

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sun Feb 13 17:19:00 UTC 2022

On Sun, 13 Feb 2022 at 11:19, Klaas de Waal <klaas.de.waal at gmail.com> wrote:

> My problem is still that I do not know how to translate the "watched" and "recorded" percentage strings.
> What appears on the screen is: "31% watched" (the 31 is the actual percentage that is computed, it is not translated).
> I want to translate this to "31% bekeken" (where "bekeken" is the Dutch translation for "watched").
>
> This is line 500 of recordings-ui.xml:
>
> <template>%|watchedpercent|%% watched</template>
>
> In the linguist tool now the following string can be translated:
>
> %watchedpercent%
>

> Translating this is probably not a good idea because I think it is used as identifier in programinfo.cpp line 1724:
>
> progMap["watchedpercent"] =
> ((m_watchedPercent > 0) && !IsWatched())
> ? QString::number(m_watchedPercent) : QString();
>
> I do not find a string "watched" in ThemeUI.
>
> Note that when I change line 500 in recordings-ui.xml to:
> <template>%|watchedpercent|%% bekeken</template>
> then I do get the result I want: "31% bekeken" but that is not how the translations should be done.

I'm not sure if the placeholder variable "watchedpercent" should have
been capitalised when added, per the first note at:

https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Translation#Do_the_translation

Placeholder variables delimited between % characters are *not*
translated. However, any text outside of the %...% delimiters is fine
to translate, as Jan mentions in his reply.

> Am I missing something, or could it be that the template syntax used in line 500 of recordings-ui.xml is
> not supported by the translation system?

I'll have to investigate further to see if any changes are needed.

Thanks,
Nick